HCU Redesigns Website
Posted Thursday, April 10th, 2014 by Mike Trevino
Get ready, because Health Care Unlimited, Inc., is rolling out a sweeping website redesign. As one of South Texas’s oldest home care companies—founded in 1990— HCU prides itself on keeping on the cutting edge of health services, patient interaction, and user-friendliness, and that includes maintaining a website that serves as more than just an advertisement for our company. With this redesign, we strive to provide our community of patients, families, and caregivers with a real resource to aid them in the search for quality care and the smooth implementation of that care.
The website will be fully bilingual, featuring bright, easy-to-follow graphics and a warm, interactive vibe. The new website will fit in perfectly with our company’s stated mission, to provide friendly, accessible care to the South Texas community. But beyond just communicating the truth about our company, we want our new website to fill a real need for patients, families, and caregivers. This means adding reference features, interactive features, and more. Here’s a look at what we have up our sleeve:
- Informative articles about home care topics. This includes articles on home safety, home health management, and warning signs of serious health events. These articles will be thoroughly researched and written so they can be understood and put to use by those who need them most.
- Job postings. Our new website will include a “Human Resources” section where home care agencies around South Texas can post their open positions, adding a much-needed service to the home care community in the region.
- Online referral submissions. HCU strives to make the process of referring patients to specialists as streamlined as possible. To that end, we are developing a referral “wizard” that will allow the near-instant transmission of information. Physicians will be able to determine if a patient qualifies for home care with the click of a button.
- Get chatting. One of the features we’re most excited about is our chat program. While browsing HCU’s site, wouldn’t it be nice to talk to someone with answers? Someone you can ask about eligibility, services, or geographic range? Soon you’ll be able to do just that, with a friendly, knowledgeable HCU operator standing by 24/7.
- News feed. Lastly, you’ll be able to keep up with HCU news and happenings—and other developments that influence the world of home health care— via a blog/news feed we hope to include on the site. There’s always something new taking place at HCU, from attaining new accreditations to reaching milestones in the care we provide. We look forward to keeping in touch with you.
Our overall goal is to make the HCU website easier to use and more welcoming. We like to think of ourselves as a “one stop shop” for home care, and that includes adult and pediatric services, private duty, home health care, personal attendant care, home infusion and pharmacy services, and home medical equipment services. This new website will be just one more way for us to fulfill our commitment to ourselves, to be the very best we can be, and our commitment to you, our community.